The NxGen MDX office and laboratory is located within Grand Rapids’ prestigious medical corridor and offers patients the very best and brightest minds in the genetics field. Known for drawing researchers, scientists, and patients from all over the world, this hub of medical knowledge ensures our reliable, advanced methodologies stay ahead of the curve.
As a proud, Michigan-based company, we source our equipment and supplies from the United States whenever we can.
Best-In-Class Science for Unmatched Accuracy
Since our founding in 2012, we have continually updated our technologies to keep pace with advances in genetic research and screening techniques. Our screens rely on next-generation sequencing that delivers over 99% accuracy clinical detection rates for most conditions. This powerful technique looks at entire coding regions of genes rather than the abbreviated sequencing or genotyping techniques used by other genetic screening companies. And because we detect genetic pathogenic variants that can be missed by abbreviated screening technologies, you can count on your NxGen MDx screening results to give you a highly accurate, comprehensive assessment of your true risk and ultimately, better outcomes for you and your family.
Our Genetic Counselors
NxGen MDx’s genetic counselors offer phone-based confidential information and resources to individuals who have questions about their NxGen MDx carrier screening results.
A genetic screening counselor is available to speak with patients about:
- Benefits of carrier screening
- Family history and inheritance patterns
- NxGen MDx carrier screening results
- Carrier screening options for a partner or other family members
- What carrier testing results mean for a current or future pregnancy
- Referral to a local genetic counselor or other support services
- Resources and current research
Call (855) 776-9436 or click the link below.
NxGen MDx was Founded
- Opened at GVSU Cook-DeVos Center in August
- Launched tests for cystic fibrosis and spinal muscular atrophy
- Launched first panel, the Ashkenazi Jewish Panel
- Moved to 801 Broadway Ave location in December
New Tests and Territories
- Partnered with Alere Women’s Health
- Expanded product line with the Essential Panel, Universal Panel, and Ariosa Harmony NIPS
Bigger Panels and Space
- Launched Super Panel, a test for 113 genetic conditions
- Doubled headquarter space to 12,000 square feet
- Launched preimplantation genetic testing options
A Growing Company
- 50 full-time employees as of January
- Developed the NxGen MDx Informed Prenatal Test
- Rolled out new branding
- Launched a new CRM platform
- Enabled cross functional automation
- Opened Clarity location in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expanded headquarters by 21,000 square feet to occupy space on two floors at 801 Broadway
Growing and Improving
- Implemented an ancestry test as an add on to NIPS
- Launched the Fetal Gender Test
- Launched the Hereditary Cancer Panel
- Implemented AMI tagging to track samples and prevent lab errors
Urogenital Pathogen Testing
- Launched a UTI test and a test for vaginosis, vaginitis, and Group B Streptococcus
- Launched the Ultra Panel, a screen for over 400 genetic conditions
Respiratory Pathogen Testing
- Launched PCR and antigen COVID-19 testing
- Launched the Respiratory Pathogens Panel for the many flu season pathogens that overlap with COVID-19 symptoms
- Opened pop-up COVID-19 testing sites in Grand Rapids, Holland, and Ft. Lauderdale
New Carrier Screening Panel
- Launched the Early Advantage Panel carrier screen
Our Support Staff
When working with NxGen MDx, you have access to our experienced support staff who are ready to help answer questions related to billing, insurance coverage, and more by calling us at (855) 776-9436 or clicking the link below. Patients should direct all questions related to billing by contacting us directly.
Make a Difference with a Fulfilling Career
We’re always looking for passionate and entrepreneurial individuals to join our team.