Get Back to Feeling Like Yourself
Vaginosis is one of the most common infections a woman can get, affecting about 1 in 3 women between the ages of 15 and 44. Several things can cause vaginosis, including:
- An imbalance of normal bacteria found in the vagina.
- The presence of a bacteria normally not found in the vagina.
- A yeast infection.
- Some sexually transmitted infections.
Get Answers with the NxGen MDx Vaginosis Test
Our comprehensive vaginosis test is designed to help your doctor provide fast, effective treatment for the following issues:
- Bacterial vaginosis
- Aerobic vaginosis
- Yeast infections
- Imbalance in normal vaginal bacteria (flora)
- Viral/sexually transmitted infections that can cause vaginosis
- Also looks for markers of antibiotic resistance
Signs & Symptoms of Vaginosis
Vaginosis doesn't always have obvious signs or symptoms, but if you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned here, you may want to talk to your doctor about getting a vaginosis test to determine the cause.
- Thin, gray, white, or green vaginal discharge
- "Fishy" vaginal odor
- Vaginal itching
- Pain or burning when you urinate
Locate a Provider
If you are interested in learning more about NxGen's 24-hour vaginosis test or in locating a provider who can order the test, please fill out the form below and a NxGen representative will reach out to you.
*While rare, incidental findings may be discovered such as a positive result for antibiotic resistance when a result for UTI or vaginosis is negative. In certain circumstances, laboratories are required by state laws to report test data to relevant state public health agencies.