Clinical Genetic Counselor
NxGen MDx, nominated as one of the best new companies to work for in America, is seeking an experienced, full-time genetic counselor to work remotely and provide tele-counseling for cancer and prenatal testing.
- Provide post-test tele-counseling as needed for cancer, prenatal, and other screening results
- Manage and interpret complex cases
- Write reports with focus on complicated cases, including positive and VUS reports, and provide new templates for expert genes
- Act as a liaison between NxGen MDx and other healthcare practitioners such as clinical genetic counselors, physicians, and clients pertaining to available testing options, test standards and limitations, laboratory reporting policies, etc.
- Provide clinical expertise to curation scientists and directors with accessioning inquiries, test order modifications, and result interpretation
- Contribute to test improvement and new test development
- Assist marketing team with patient and physician literature
- Assist with variant interpretation and reporting
- Support laboratory quality assurance standards
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Prior experience as a laboratory genetic counselor preferred but not required
- Master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited American Board of Genetic Counseling (ABGC) training program
- Board certification as a Genetic Counselor by the ABGC or eligibility to take the board exam
- Broad knowledge of genetics (cancer, cardiac, neurological, pediatric, carrier screening, technology, etc.)
- Excellent communication and organization skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and adaptable with a positive and friendly attitude
What’s In It For You?
- A competitive salary and bonus potential.
- A flexible schedule. We’re willing to work with your preferences.
- A chance to work with new and exciting medical products.
- A healthy work-life balance. Our commitment to families doesn’t end with our clientele; it is also focused on our employees.
- Our awesome team. We work hard but have fun doing it. Our team is collaborative, driven, and talented, but we enjoy a few laughs and celebrating our mutual success!